Saturday 01st October 2016… a poignant day for me. A day of ‘what ifs’ and wondering what could of been. I’m glad its nearly over and with Autumn in full swing, I’m looking forward to what this new season has to offer.
There is something quite soothing about the changing of seasons – colourful leaves underfoot, steaming hot chocolates and cozying up on the sofa when the nights draw in, all with the knowledge that Christmas is just around the corner.
So with all the change that is happening, I thought I would take a look at the things I’m looking forward to the most in the coming months…
- This time next week I will be sipping cocktails, eating delicious food and gossiping to my hearts content with a couple of my besties in the city of London – throw in a trip to the West End to see one of my favourite childhood films and we have ourselves a pretty awesome start to the month.
- We seem to be making more headway with the house, after being stagnant for a while. The kitchen is pretty much complete but we still have a small bit of plastering and redecorating to do after getting new column radiators fitted. Our next room to tackle is the living space so we are currently costing up flooring, shutters, doors and hoping to get a wood burner put in.
- I’m desperate to learn the art of floristry and have been scouting around for some local classes – there seems to be a few in the coming months so I’m looking forward to trying my hand at something new.
- I’ve nearly finished my photography course! It’s taken longer than planned but I’m on my final module and currently building a portfolio of which I can be proud – there is still a long way to go in perfecting my skills but it’s great to finally be doing something I enjoy.
- Halloween, Bonfire night and my husbands birthday are all rolled into one fun week – I plan to take advantage of the indoor BBQ for this one – hotdogs, cocktails, fire-pits and fireworks – a sure reason to love this time of year.
- Last but not least the countdown to Christmas is on! Yay!
Hope you all have a fun few months planned!
(Photo: Leena Robinson/Shutterstock)